1. Turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
2. Press and hold the "Power" and "Resume" buttons and plug the power cord into the outlet to begin printer initialization.
3. Release the "Power" button (while still holding down the "Resume" button) and then press and hold the "Power" button to activate test mode.
4. Release the "Power" and "Resume" buttons to activate service mode. Wait for the lights to stop flashing.
5. Press the "Resume" button to cycle through the settings until the message "Reset waste ink counter" or "Ink count" is displayed (press three or four times). If "Ink count" is displayed, press the "0" button to reset.
6. Press the "Set" or "OK" button and then turn the printer off and unplug the power cord. For some Bubble Jet printers, press the "Cartridge" button if prompted on the display to reset the ink counter.
7. Plug the power cord into the outlet, plug the USB cable into the computer and turn the printer on.